CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Questions about 1984

Q: What is the mood of this novel? Do you find this novel saddens you in any way? Why?

I thought that the moods of this novel were inhuman and oppresive. If I could choose a color to match the mood the coor would be plain dark gray. Everythings just blurred out and inside the mood everythings real and alive but fading and dead at the same time. The setting of the book can't be even imagined. A place where every move is watched and controlled is really scary. Being tortured to the point of admitting that you did things that you actually didn't do is inhuman. Just thinking about living in that kind of world is really scary and sad. How could anyone bear to live there let alone believe that the party is alwasy correct? Its really unthinkable.

1 comments:

Sophia Lee said...

Hi Hannah
I 100% agree with you! You wrote the exact mood that I felt. The color you said is absolutely right. I can not imagine a place where there are telescreens and microphones everywhere. I would feel miserable and hopeless if I lived there. There is no point of living. Not only do have to be controlled, they also have believe something that is not true. Nice Work!